Friday, August 04, 2006

in constant motion.


Lately I've been wishing I had one desire
Something that would make
me never want another
Something that would make it
so that nothing mattered All would be clear then
But I guess I'll have to settle
for a few brief moments
And watch it all dissolve into a single second
And try to write it down into a perfect sonnet
or one foolish line
'Cause that's all that you'll get
so you'll have to accept
You are here then you're gone

But I believe that lovers should
be tied together and Thrown into the ocean
in the worst of weather and left there to drown
Left there to drown in their innocence
But as for me I'm coming to the final chapter
I read all of the pages and there is still no answer
Only all that was before
I know must soon come after
That is the only way it can be
So I stand in the sun
And I breathe with my lungs
Trying to spare me the weight of the truth

Saying everything you've ever seen
was just a mirror And you've spent your
whole life sweating in an endless fever
And now you are laying in a bathtub
full of freezing water Wishing you were a ghost
But once you knew a girl and you named her Lover
And danced with her in kitchens
through the greenest summer
But autumn came, She disappeared
You can't remember where she said
she was going to

But you know that she's gone 'cause
she left you a song That you don't want to sing
We're singing I believe that lovers
should be chained together
And thrown into a fire with
their songs and letters And left there to burn
Left there to burn in their arrogance
But as for me I'm coming to my final failure
I've killed myself with changes
trying to make things better
But I ended up becoming something
other than what I had planned to be

Now I believe that lovers should be
draped in flowers And layed entwined
together on a bed of clover
And left there to sleep
Left there to dream of their happiness

--- A PERFECT SONNET, BRIGHTEYES

I. O. U. upcoming weeks.

+ t-shirt design for camp committee . + get better. + 2 camp meetings . + newsletter meeting. + Tao Nan Carnival . + le open house . + ...